The University of Guelph provides financial assistance to international students through a variety of programs such as scholarships, bursaries, and Work Study. In 2021, the University awarded $2.1 million to undergraduate international students and $4.9 million to graduate international students. These programs are available to international students paying Overseas fees, and they can benefit from either fully funded or partially funded scholarships and bursaries for both undergraduate and graduate programs.
The University of Guelph scholarships for 2024 are renewable for the entirety of the study duration, and they are open to Canadian and international students from all over the world. Entrance awards are available for students who apply for full-time programs at the University of Guelph and have unconditional offers of admission. The University of Waterloo is still accepting applications for Undergraduate & Graduate Scholarships for 2024.
About the University of Guelph, Canada
The University of Guelph was established in 1964 and offers both undergraduate and graduate programs. It is located in Ontario, Canada, and is considered one of the best public universities in the country. The university has a high acceptance rate for international students, usually ranging between 70-80 percent, and welcomes students to various departments.
Host: University of Guelph
Award Taken in: Canada
Study Level: Bachelor/master’s / Doctoral
Type: Fully Funded
No pf Scholarships: Unspecified
Gender: Males and Females
Target Group: Canadians & International Students
Eligibility Requirements for university of Guelph scholarships for international students 2024
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet all requirements (See more)
- Language Requirements: Proof of Language Proficiency is Mandatory
- For international applicants from another curriculum or country, please consult the Country Specific Admission Requirements.
- Canadians and International Students from all parts of the world can apply.
- Have not attended any post-secondary education either in Canada or other institutions outside Canada.
- Must Possess Leadership Skills
List of Scholarships and Bursaries for the University of Guelph 2024
- Academic Leadership International Entrance Scholarships: up to 10 awards of $20,000 (payable over 4 years of study in 8 installments of $2,500. Interested applicants Should Apply before or by January 25th by completing the online application to the Franco J. Vaccarino President’s Scholarship.
- Atilola Real Estate Scholarship in Business: Only Available for one Applicant either Canadian or International Students, 1 award of $1,000 as Applications can be submitted by Letter Only.
- Arthur D. Latornell Undergraduate Travel Grants: Applicants must have a minimum of 4.0 credits with at least a 70% average and whose area of study is related to natural resources management, environmental science, conservation, soil science, and/or rural development.
- Angelo and Frank Agro Undergraduate Scholarship: Full-time students entering semester 1 who have attained a minimum 75% admission average and completion of a minimum of 10 – 4H projects.
- Academic Leadership Entrance Scholarships: Students entering a degree program who have applied for the President’s and Lincoln Alexander Chancellor’s scholarships.
- Alan Lyons Family Soils at Guelph Graduate Scholarship: Students entering in the Winter, Summer, or Fall of the award year (i.e. students would be in semesters 1, 2, or 3 at the time the award will be distributed) into an MSc or Doctoral graduate program.
- Anna and Val Hovanec Scholarship: Students entering a full-time Masters’s program offered by CSAHS in an area related to women in rural communities.
- Arrell Food Institute Scholarships: $50,000/year for up to four years for Doctoral students, and up to two years for Masters’s students. (3 equal payments per year, at the beginning of each semester for the duration of the award.
- Art Rouse Memorial Scholarship in Veterinary and Comparative Cancer Studies: Students who hold a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree who are registered full-time in a PhD program offered by the Ontario Veterinary College.
- Barrett Family Graduate Scholarship: Students entering a full-time doctoral program in the School of Engineering in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, with a minimum 80% admission average.
- Billes Conservation Leadership Scholarship: Students entering the Masters in Conservation Leadership program full-time.
- Black Canadian Graduate Student Scholarship: Black Canadian citizens or permanent residents entering a full-time graduate program offered by the Department of Biomedical Sciences.
- Brock Doctoral Scholarship: Students entering full-time doctoral study in May, September or January following the deadline date.
- CSAHS International Master’s Tuition Scholarship: International students entering a full-time research-based master’s program offered by the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences.
- CSC Tuition Scholarship: Full-time students who are registered in or have graduated from a master’s program anywhere in China, who have been accepted into full-time doctoral studies, and will receive funding from the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
- Connie Rooke Scholarship: Full-time students entering the MFA in Creative Writing Program.
- Dairy Farmers of Ontario Doctoral Research Scholarship: Full-time doctoral applicants, studying an area of research that is of interest to DFO, and with at least a first-class (A-) average in the most recently completed two years of academic study.
- Dorothy Britton Memorial Doctoral Scholarship: Full-time students registered in the Department of Family Relations and Applied Nutrition.
- Elizabeth Mounter Scholarship in Physical Geography: Full-time students entering any program offered by the Department of Geography, Environment, and Geomatics with a research focus on geomorphology or physical geography. Preference will be given to a PhD Student.
- Geneva Association Ph.D. Scholarship: Students entering the full-time Ph.D. Political Science program with an A- admission average whose subject of study involves a primary focus on Systemic Risk and Vulnerability that links to one or both of the major fields of Comparative Politics or Public Policy and Governance.
- Indigenous Graduate Scholarship – Leadership: Students entering full-time graduate studies or students who are currently in semesters 1-3 of a full-time graduate program at the time of application, who self-identify as Indigenous.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants are to Apply for Admission at the University to Qualify for any of the University of Guelph scholarships for international students in 2024. Some Scholarships are Awarded Automatically while other Application Links are Provided.
Apply for Admission HERE
Check Out the Official Scholarship Page Below for Other scholarship opportunities at the University of Guelph for Canadians and international Students.